Friday, October 21, 2011

RTI: Digging Deeper Assessments {PAST link updated}


Since posting our school's RTI plan and links to the RTI documents we created at Lake Myra, several of you have asked about the Digging Deeper Assessments we use to drill down a child's most foundational literacy level....identified on the Otter Talk Form below (more on this form and the other RTI documents we created in my earlier Response to Intervention post). 

 So, here are the all Digging Deeper Assessments we use in our school & district.  Although none of them were originally created by our school/district, they are public assessments for anyone to use: 

Phonological Awareness Skills Test (PAST) from Sounds in Action by Zgonc.


 Print Concepts based on Clay's Concept About Print from the Observational Survey
use Busy Beavers or Detective Dog from the Story Basket Collection from the Wright Group


Letter/Sound Identification, also a part of the Observations Survey

Names Test from Patricia Cunningham


Early Names Test





Words Their Way Word Study Assessments


Here is the binder cover I created for the RtI Digging Deeper Assessment binder...{click to download}


Also, if you missed the video {from an earlier post} regarding how all these assessments fit into the Lake Myra RtI process, here it is...for the RtI documents we created, see my previous post about RtI at Lake Myra Elementary.


9 comments:

  1. Jennifer, thanks for sharing these resources. I think it's a great system to document interventions and for teacher accountability. I've downloaded the documents and the PAST Task Cards and the Recording Sheet appear to be the same document. I thought maybe you attached the wrong file because the task cards looked different on the video of your previous post. I think I will look at this system of documentation for next year (I've only got 7 weeks to go this year!). Thanks again for your generosity.

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is out of this world!!! I love it and am going to put a must check out link on my blog as well :)
    http://rtiandyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Literacy, your blog is absolutely awesome!
    Thank you for all your hard work! The link to the Words Their Way Word Study Assessments-Elementary Spelling Inventory is broken. Do you have another link to that post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all of this. Schools I have seen have a long way to go if this is what you are doing currently. Do you have the PAST task cards poster somewhere else because currently it is linked to the scoring sheet? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Thanks for putting all of these things in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 17, 2012

    WOW! Thanks for sharing all this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally inspire me, Jennifer! Watching your You Tube video over and over again, I was able to create something similar for intermediate and middle school students whose reading difficulties are more comprehension based. If you'd like to take a look: http://mrsjsjournal.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-07-01T16:38:00-07:00&max-results=7

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if you could explain a little more about what is discussed at Romp Talk and Otter Talk. I love all these documents, and it is helping me to get everything together for the beginning stages of RTI in the small school district I work in. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you soooo much...i am new to RTI and have been trying reinvent the wheel..you have saved me.....totally tired in Texas

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....